Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Retirement Activity

In less than 3 years I will retire from my current position and will be able to do pretty much anything, anywhere with some limits.  Possible activities I am considering, in no particular order, include becoming a dealer for a gyroplane manufacturer and or golf instructor or basketball coach.

There are a couple of possibilities for working with gyro manufacturers including Air Command and or Aviomania.  I enjoy building and helping others build these machines.  I would need to attend Rotax engine maintenance classes and purchase a two place machine to use for demonstrations.  Choosing this activity would allow me to simultaneously teach people to play golf.

I have been a teacher my entire life and have taught a number of people to play golf without compensation.  I would get certified by the United States Golf Teacher's Federation and work as little or as much as time would allow and at my discretion.

Except for the past 6 years, I have coached basketball for most of my adult life.   Choosing this profession again is somewhat dependent on where we are called to live.  My wife Danita has moved all over the country for my career.  Once I retire it will be her time for me to go where she is needed at the start of her new career as a licensed professional counselor.  If a basketball position came my way in that location, I could easily transition from teaching golf, but, not so easy, if I am selling gyroplanes.

1 comment:

  1. Now it is only 21 more months before I retire and nothing has really changed. I really do not know what I will be doing after 2018?

    ReplyDelete